Friday, November 27, 2015

The Voice Of Thanksgiving




Definition of thanksgiving:
A prayer expressing gratitude 


But I with the voice of thanksgiving will sacrifice to you; what I have vowed I will pay. Salvation belongs to the LORD!"  - Jonah 2:9


14 Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High, 
15 and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me." 
16 But to the wicked God says: "What right have you to recite my statutes or take my covenant on your lips? 
17 For you hate discipline, and you cast my words behind you.  - Psalm 50:14-17

Do you praise God with thanksgiving? 

Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name. - Hebrews 13:15


O Lord, the blessings You shower man with are undeserved. We are wicked, there is none good! Forgive us as we strive to repent and obey You. Press Your word into our hearts as we study so that we may teach others. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment