Thursday, March 17, 2016

Letting Go


I have seen death, up close.
My brother died of cancer.
It is ugly and it is brutal.
I bet you know someone who is dying.
I mean really at deaths door.
In our foolish hearts, we are not planning for eternity.
Do you know the reason we are dying?
Sin!

So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.  - Psalm 90:12

4 "O LORD, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am! 
5 Behold, you have made my days a few handbreadths, and my lifetime is as nothing before you. Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath! Selah 
6 Surely a man goes about as a shadow! Surely for nothing they are in turmoil; man heaps up wealth and does not know who will gather! 
7 "And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you.  - Psalm 39:4-7


If you stop and think, we all live like we have unlimited time.
Never mind the fact that we are all dying, a little each day. 
The minute we are born, we begin to die.


47 Remember how short my time is! For what vanity you have created all the children of man! 
48 What man can live and never see death? Who can deliver his soul from the power of Sheol? Selah  - Psalm 89:47-48


Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.  - Psalm 139:16


So, how do we let go?
We hold onto God's words about eternity and what He has promised through His Son, Jesus.
He tells us He is making plans for us to join Him!
He tell us how to join Him!
He tells us we will know each other just as we do here on Earth.
You ask, how do I know these things? 
God has left us encouragement in the Bible.
God has left us warnings in the Bible.
God has commanded we tell others!!
God warns, Satan will do everything in his power to keep you from the truth, that Jesus has the authority to save you from Hell.


17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last,
18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. - Revelation 1:17-18


16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.
17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,
18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18


knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence. - 2 Corinthians 4:14


"'See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.  - Deuteronomy 32:39

No comments:

Post a Comment