Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Seeker

1 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 
2 So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. 
3 Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. 
4 So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.  - Psalm 63:1-4

"For thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I, I myself will search for my sheep and will seek them out. - Ezekiel 34:11


What is the meaning of seek?
It is attempting to find, it's a desire to know, or it's wanting an answer.
That is certainly what man should be doing toward God.
If you claim a relationship with God, you will seek Him!!
You will want to know what He demands from You.
You will want to know why He seeks you.

But from there you will seek the LORD your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul. - Deuteronomy 4:29

God knows you.
2 The LORD looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God. 
3 They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one.  - Psalm 14:2-3


This seeking works two ways, God pursues you and you seek him. 
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. - John 6:44
You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. - Jeremiah 29:13


We are all under sin.
9 What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin,
10 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; 
11 no one understands; no one seeks for God. 
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one."  - Romans 3:9-12

"There is no fear of God before their eyes."  - Romans 3:18

19 Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God.
20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin. - Romans 3:19-20


God loves you!
He is actively seeking you!
He wants you for all of eternity!
Will you trust Him?

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. - Hebrews 11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment