Sunday, November 20, 2016

The Subtlety of Sin



What does this word subtle mean?
It means things that are hard to see, indirect and clever, or not showing their real purpose.
Some sin is subtle!
Some sin is blatant!
We know murder is wrong, stealing also but what about the things society as a whole seem to accept that are sin?
I'm speaking of sex outside marriage, unnatural sex, misrepresenting the truth of God's word, not loving your neighbor, and a host of many more.
You see, Satan has a plan is to break down our morals, whispering it's not so bad.
His aim is to destroy our compass of right and wrong leading us deeper into a world of me and what I want.
Forget God and I'll give you your hearts desire!
Sound familiar?
Didn't he temp Jesus with I'll give you the world?
Wake up people! 
Sin is real, people of the world are guilty!
I am guilty, you are guilty!
Repent!
Stop excusing your sin!
Stop excusing others sin!
Sin brings judgement!
Sin used to be something you kept hidden.
Now it is worn like a medal!
You see the way things have changed?
Through subtlety!!!
We, as Christians are a light meant to deliver people from darkness.
We must speak the truth, that is why the world hates us.
The world belongs to Satan.
But God has the final say!!!
There is no God but Jehovah!! 
All other gods are idols!
There is a choice, to repent from your sin or to embrace sin and follow the way of the lost world.

6 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. 
7 He led them by a straight way till they reached a city to dwell in. 
8 Let them thank the LORD for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of man! 
9 For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things. 
10 Some sat in darkness and in the shadow of death, prisoners in affliction and in irons, 
11 for they had rebelled against the words of God, and spurned the counsel of the Most High.  - Psalm 107:6-11

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
9 And he said to him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me."
10 Then Jesus said to him, "Be gone, Satan! For it is written, "'You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.'"  - Matthew 4:8-10

if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14

5 Thus says God, the LORD, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it: 
6 "I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, 
7 to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. 
8 I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.  - Isaiah 42:5-8

For the look on their faces bears witness against them; they proclaim their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! For they have brought evil on themselves.  - Isaiah 3:9

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 6:23

No comments:

Post a Comment