Sunday, January 15, 2017

God's Will For Your Life


Read John 21


Jesus is the Son of God.
He died for your sin.
God raised Him from the dead.
He is not in the tomb!
He has risen!!
His command, "feed my lambs".
His command, "tend my sheep".
His command, "feed my sheep".
His command, "follow me".


31 And he began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes and be killed, and after three days rise again.
32 And he said this plainly. And Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.
33 But turning and seeing his disciples, he rebuked Peter and said, "Get behind me, Satan! For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man." - Mark 8:31-33

34 And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
35 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it.
36 For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?
37 For what can a man give in return for his soul?
38 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels." - Mark 8:34-38


Follow Jesus regardless of your past.
Your sin is buried with Christ.
He took it on that cross!
Your sin qualifies you to follow Christ.
When you realize you are a sinner saved by grace and that only Christ takes away sin!!
Satan is your accuser but Jesus is your Savior!!


Follow Jesus regardless of the cost.
You will be persecuted!

67 So Jesus said to the Twelve, "Do you want to go away as well?"
68 Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life,
69 and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God."
70 Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the Twelve? And yet one of you is a devil." - John 6:67-70

Follow Jesus regardless of what others may do or say.
Look to Calvary to see God's approval.
Though none go with me, I still will follow. 
He made you in His image!
His Son purchased you back from sin and death through His blood sacrifice.


I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh." - John 6:51

53 So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.
55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me.
58 This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread the fathers ate, and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever." - John 6:53-58

Thanks you Pastor Richter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment