Thursday, February 16, 2017

Doing Life With God


God is with you.
God knows you.
Find a body of believers to share life with.


How is God involved with you.
God created you.
It is deep within your soul that you belong to God.

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.  - Genesis 1:26-27

Male or female, He created you.
You may struggle with your identity but your Creator made you as He wanted you to be.
Yielding to temptation leads to sin.
The battle is real.
The struggle is hard.
Be who God created you to be.
Find your true identity in Christ.
Surround yourself with a body of believers who will love and pray for you.
He has a plan for you.

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13


For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! - Ecclesiastes 4:10

God redeems you.

But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.  - Isaiah 43:1

21 Remember these things, O Jacob, and Israel, for you are my servant; I formed you; you are my servant; O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me. 
22 I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you.  - Isaiah 44:21-22

Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he has redeemed from trouble  - Psalm 107:2

God satisfies you.

It seems we are never satisfied.
Our lives are full of "if only I had".
Only Christ will satisfy the longing of your soul.

3 I searched with my heart how to cheer my body with wine-my heart still guiding me with wisdom-and how to lay hold on folly, till I might see what was good for the children of man to do under heaven during the few days of their life.
4 I made great works. I built houses and planted vineyards for myself.
5 I made myself gardens and parks, and planted in them all kinds of fruit trees.
6 I made myself pools from which to water the forest of growing trees.
7 I bought male and female slaves, and had slaves who were born in my house. I had also great possessions of herds and flocks, more than any who had been before me in Jerusalem.
8 I also gathered for myself silver and gold and the treasure of kings and provinces. I got singers, both men and women, and many concubines, the delight of the sons of man.
9 So I became great and surpassed all who were before me in Jerusalem. Also my wisdom remained with me.
10 And whatever my eyes desired I did not keep from them. I kept my heart from no pleasure, for my heart found pleasure in all my toil, and this was my reward for all my toil.
11 Then I considered all that my hands had done and the toil I had expended in doing it, and behold, all was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing to be gained under the sun. - Ecclesiastes 2:3-11

Community life provides ownership.

4 For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function,
5 so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. - Romans 12:4-5

Community life provides encouragement.
Be a part of a small group.

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Community provides fellowship.
Get to know those people in your small group.

Community provides accountability.

24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,
25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. - Hebrews 10:24-25

God restores you.

When you fail He will help you.
He alone takes away your guilt and shame.
Let Christ take away your remorse, don't listen to Satan, you are worth it!!!

Thank you Pastor Kevin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment