Thursday, June 29, 2017

How to Be “Free Indeed”


BIBLE MEDITATION:
 “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.” John 8:36

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Living a pure life means surrendering to Jesus Christ. But some people don’t want to surrender because they say they want to be free. What if a train said, “I don’t want to run on these tracks, I want to be free”? Then off through the meadow it would go.

What if a kite said, “I want to be free. I don’t want to be tied to a string”? The string breaks and down it goes. What if a tree said, “I don’t want to be planted in the earth. I want to be free”? And it is jerked up from the earth and dies.

ACTION POINT:
Everything that is truly free functions best when it functions as God made it. God made you to know Him and to love Him.


LWF Dr. Adrian Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment