Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Where Are All The Leaders Gone Part 2



Leaders earn respect.
Praise God!
Jethro said, "Blessed be the LORD, who has delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians and out of the hand of Pharaoh and has delivered the people from under the hand of the Egyptians. - Exodus 18:10

Don't offer excuses!
Be available!!
You are His anointed!
Be confident in the Lord!
Be bold!

10 Come, I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring my people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt."
11 But Moses said to God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?" - Exodus 3:10-11

Then Moses answered, "But behold, they will not believe me or listen to my voice, for they will say, 'The LORD did not appear to you.'" - Exodus 4:1

10 But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11 Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12 Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."
13 But he said, "Oh, my Lord, please send someone else." - Exodus 4:10-13

Who you are in Christ!

I am excepted.
I am God's child.
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, - John 1:12

I am Christ friend!
I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. - John 15:5

I have been justified!
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. - Romans 5:1

I am united with the Lord!
But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. - 1 Corinthians 6:17

I am a member of Christ body!
Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. - 1 Corinthians 12:27

You have been chosen by God and adopted!
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.
7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,
8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight - Ephesians 1:3-8

I have direct access to God through Christ!
For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. - Ephesians 2:18

I am forgiven and redeemed!
13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,
14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. - Colossians 1:13-14

I am complete in Christ!
9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,
10 and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. - Colossians 2:9-10

I am secure in Christ and free from condemnation!
1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. - Romans 8:1-2

God works for my good!
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28

I can't be separated from God!
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?
36 As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." 
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,
39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:35-39

I'm established, anointed and sealed!
21 And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us,
22 and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. - 2 Corinthians 1:21-22

God will complete the good work!
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. - Philippians 1:6

I am a citizen of heaven!
But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, - Philippians 3:20

I have a spirit of love, power and self control!
for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. - 2 Timothy 1:7

I have been given mercy!
14 Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. - Hebrews 4:14-16

I am born of God!
We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him. - 1 John 5:18

I am the salt of the earth!
13 "You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet.
14 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. - Matthew 5:13-14

I am a branch of Christ!
I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. - John 15:5

I'm appointed to bear fruit!
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. - John 15:16

I am a witness for Christ!
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." - Acts 1:8

I'm God's coworker!
For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building. - 1 Corinthians 3:9

I'm God's temple!
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? - 1 Corinthians 3:16

I'm a minister of reconciliation!
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. - 2 Corinthians 5:17-21

I'm seated with Christ!
and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, - Ephesians 2:6

I'm God's workmanship!
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. - Ephesians 2:10

I am bold in Christ!
in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in him. - Ephesians 3:12

I have strength in Christ!
I can do all things through him who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13

A good leader takes advice!
Share the responsibility!
13 The next day Moses sat to judge the people, and the people stood around Moses from morning till evening.
14 When Moses' father-in-law saw all that he was doing for the people, he said, "What is this that you are doing for the people? Why do you sit alone, and all the people stand around you from morning till evening?"
15 And Moses said to his father-in-law, "Because the people come to me to inquire of God;
16 when they have a dispute, they come to me and I decide between one person and another, and I make them know the statutes of God and his laws."
17 Moses' father-in-law said to him, "What you are doing is not good.
18 You and the people with you will certainly wear yourselves out, for the thing is too heavy for you. You are not able to do it alone.
19 Now obey my voice; I will give you advice, and God be with you! You shall represent the people before God and bring their cases to God,
20 and you shall warn them about the statutes and the laws, and make them know the way in which they must walk and what they must do.
21 Moreover, look for able men from all the people, men who fear God, who are trustworthy and hate a bribe, and place such men over the people as chiefs of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties, and of tens.
22 And let them judge the people at all times. Every great matter they shall bring to you, but any small matter they shall decide themselves. So it will be easier for you, and they will bear the burden with you.
23 If you do this, God will direct you, you will be able to endure, and all this people also will go to their place in peace."
24 So Moses listened to the voice of his father-in-law and did all that he had said. - Exodus 18:13-24

Two reasons people do not take advice.
1. Pride
Now the man Moses was very meek, more than all people who were on the face of the earth. - Numbers 12:3
2. Ignorance 
Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.  - Proverbs 11:14

A good leader creates teamwork!
25 Moses chose able men out of all Israel and made them heads over the people, chiefs of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties, and of tens.
26 And they judged the people at all times. Any hard case they brought to Moses, but any small matter they decided themselves.
27 Then Moses let his father-in-law depart, and he went away to his own country. - Exodus 18:25-27

Teamwork is awesome!
Why we need teamwork.
Work smarter.
It lengthens ministry.
It strengthens ministry.
A team is necessary!

Elijah had Elisha
Paul had Timothy
Martha had Mary 
Moses had Aaron
Naomi had Ruth
David had Jonathan

10 And there has not arisen a prophet since in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,
11 none like him for all the signs and the wonders that the LORD sent him to do in the land of Egypt, to Pharaoh and to all his servants and to all his land,
12 and for all the mighty power and all the great deeds of terror that Moses did in the sight of all Israel. - Deuteronomy 34:10-12


Thanks Pastor Kevin!!












No comments:

Post a Comment