Monday, August 26, 2019

Giving God Control


It's hard for us all to do!
We just have to face it, things are really always in His control.
We only have to look to the story of Pharaoh, the plagues and how God hardened his heart.
It was during circumstances that would definitely have brought us to our knees.
On your knees is a good place to be! 
Begging God for guidance, trusting a sovereign God who is able.
Trusting a God who is working behind the scenes, who orchestrates Your every move!
Even when the world tells you that things are this way.
Like when you are told you are dying from cancer, but God tells you otherwise!
Like when you are told "you will never walk again" but God says " I'm in control, only trust Me, then you walk, leaving the docs scratching their head!
Like when you are told the baby you are carrying is dead but is born healthy, because God said "only trust Me".
These things are indeed miracles but to a sovereign God who is the great "I Am" they are a part of Who He is.

3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. 
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?  - Psalm 56:3-4

18 "What profit is an idol when its maker has shaped it, a metal image, a teacher of lies? For its maker trusts in his own creation when he makes speechless idols! 
19 Woe to him who says to a wooden thing, Awake; to a silent stone, Arise! Can this teach? Behold, it is overlaid with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in it. 
20 But the LORD is in his holy temple; let all the earth keep silence before him."  - Habakkuk 2:18-20

22 Because the king's order was urgent and the furnace overheated, the flame of the fire killed those men who took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell bound into the burning fiery furnace.
24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, "Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?" They answered and said to the king, "True, O king."
25 He answered and said, "But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods."
26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the door of the burning fiery furnace; he declared, "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, servants of the Most High God, come out, and come here!" Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego came out from the fire.
27 And the satraps, the prefects, the governors, and the king's counselors gathered together and saw that the fire had not had any power over the bodies of those men. The hair of their heads was not singed, their cloaks were not harmed, and no smell of fire had come upon them.
28 Nebuchadnezzar answered and said, "Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who has sent his angel and delivered his servants, who trusted in him, and set aside the king's command, and yielded up their bodies rather than serve and worship any god except their own God.
29 Therefore I make a decree: Any people, nation, or language that speaks anything against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego shall be torn limb from limb, and their houses laid in ruins, for there is no other god who is able to rescue in this way." - Daniel 3:22-29

7 everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." 
8 Bring out the people who are blind, yet have eyes, who are deaf, yet have ears! 
9 All the nations gather together, and the peoples assemble. Who among them can declare this, and show us the former things? Let them bring their witnesses to prove them right, and let them hear and say, It is true. 
10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me. 
11 I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior. 
12 I declared and saved and proclaimed, when there was no strange god among you; and you are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and I am God. 
13 Also henceforth I am he; there is none who can deliver from my hand; I work, and who can turn it back?"  - Isaiah 43:7-13

No comments:

Post a Comment