Friday, June 12, 2020

Begging Sinners


Because of your repentance, your turning from sin and by God's mercy, even though you are still evil you are redeemed by the blood of Christ.
You have a carnal body and a spiritual body.
They wage war against each other!
You still occasionally sin but it grieves your soul.
We strive to be sinless but our carnal body is in rebellion.
It's the old good verses evil scenario!  
According to God's word there are none who do good!
So by all that is just, we are doomed.
Why? 
Because there is no goodness found in man.
All have sinned!
What this means is, we are in need of salvation that comes from One Who is able!!
That being Jesus Christ our Lord!!

1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds; there is none who does good. 
2 The LORD looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God. 
3 They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one.  - Psalm 14:1-3

9 What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin,
10 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; 
11 no one understands; no one seeks for God. 
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one."  - Romans 3:9-12

For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all. - Romans 11:32

3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,
4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. - 1 Timothy 2:3-6

Now an intermediary implies more than one, but God is one. - Galatians 3:20

19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.
20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.
21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.
22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being,
23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin. - Romans 7:19-25

No comments:

Post a Comment