Sunday, February 28, 2021

Have We Forgotten Where Our Home Is?


Sojourner definition 

A person that is briefly staying or permanently staying somewhere other than home


I am a sojourner on the earth; hide not your commandments from me!  - Psalm 119:19


12 "Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear to my cry; hold not your peace at my tears! For I am a sojourner with you, a guest, like all my fathers. 

13 Look away from me, that I may smile again, before I depart and am no more!"  - Psalm 39:12-13


Our Home 


9 By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise.

10 For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God. - Hebrews 11:9-10


But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city. - Hebrews 11:16


1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.

2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. - Revelation 21:1-3


No comments:

Post a Comment