Friday, September 30, 2022

Bible Study


Psalm 119:67-68


    [67] Before I was afflicted I went astray,

        but now I keep your word. 

    [68] You are good and do good;

        teach me your statutes.


Jeremiah 31:18-19


    [18] I have heard Ephraim grieving,

    ‘You have disciplined me, and I was disciplined,

        like an untrained calf;

    bring me back that I may be restored,

        for you are the LORD my God. 

    [19] For after I had turned away, I relented,

        and after I was instructed, I struck my thigh;

    I was ashamed, and I was confounded,

        because I bore the disgrace of my youth.’


Hebrews 12:5-10


[5] And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? 


    “My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord,

        nor be weary when reproved by him. 

    [6] For the Lord disciplines the one he loves,

        and chastises every son whom he receives.”


    [7] It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? [8] If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. [9] Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? [10] For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness.


Revelation 3:19


[19] Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment