Friday, November 11, 2022

How Do We Sin Against God


Psalm 119:11


    [11] I have stored up your word in my heart,

        that I might not sin against you.


Psalm 51:1-3


Create in Me a Clean Heart, O God


To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet went to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.


    [1] Have mercy on me, O God,

        according to your steadfast love;

    according to your abundant mercy

        blot out my transgressions. 

    [2] Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,

        and cleanse me from my sin!


    [3] For I know my transgressions,

        and my sin is ever before me.


Psalm 37:31


    [31] The law of his God is in his heart;

        his steps do not slip.


Psalm 51:4-6


    [4] Against you, you only, have I sinned

        and done what is evil in your sight,

    so that you may be justified in your words

        and blameless in your judgment. 

    [5] Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,

        and in sin did my mother conceive me. 

    [6] Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being,

        and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart.


Sin begins in our heart in the form of rebellion.

We rebel by willful disobedience.

It is the very nature of Satan who by his disobedience was thrown out of Heaven.

He is a liar. 

He entices you to sin by breaking God's holy commandments.

He wants you to deny God.

He wants you to put self forward and do all the evil things the mind can conjure.

No comments:

Post a Comment