Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Teach Us to Number Our Days

Ps.90:12 So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.
Look back on days wasted, days gone forever! I need forgiveness for the days I was given, by God, for His purpose, that I wasted. Who did I not tell about the love of Christ? Who did I not hug, who so desperately needed the loving arms of another? Who needed money and I did not share? These things haunt me for I know I am guilty, are you? As I study God's Word, I see the overwhelming love God has shone to sinners! He would have us to do the same, but do we? Christ died for the sinner, He shed His precious blood for the outcast! It is true that we shower love on family and friends but what about strangers? What about the ones in prison who are in rebellion and so lost? How do we get a heart of wisdom? We pray and study the Word. God has not thrown us into a sinful land and not given us what we need to survive temptation. Fill your hearts and minds with the goodness of His commands. Show the world the love that is commanded us by Christ. We are His light in this dark and sinful place!
Lord, I pray for a heart to love the unlovable just as You first loved me, a sinner, lost in my rebellion. Lord, help us not to judge others, as we have no right. For we also are under the judgement of God, who has the right. Amen
Count this day as your last! It may really be, God alone knows! He has determined your days before you ever came to be! And with these thoughts comes fear of your eternity and your judgement, and this produces humbleness! And with that humbleness, may we know that Christ alone offers salvation to the world.
Ps.39:4 "Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life.
Ecc.7:2 It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.
Deut.32:29 If only they were wise and would understand this and discern what their end will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment