Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Lord Alone is God

Deut.4:35,39 
35 To you it was shown, that you might know that the LORD is God; there is no other besides him.
39 know therefore today, and lay it to your heart, that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other.
Deut.4:32-34 
32 "For ask now of the days that are past, which were before you, since the day that God created man on the earth, and ask from one end of heaven to the other, whether such a great thing as this has ever happened or was ever heard of. 
33 Did any people ever hear the voice of a god speaking out of the midst of the fire, as you have heard, and still live? 
34 Or has any god ever attempted to go and take a nation for himself from the midst of another nation, by trials, by signs, by wonders, and by war, by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, and by great deeds of terror, all of which the LORD your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes?
God demands worship of Him alone!
Deut.4:23-24 
23 Take care, lest you forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which he made with you, and make a carved image, the form of anything that the LORD your God has forbidden you. 
24 For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.
Worship the Creator not the created!
Romans 1:25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen
Romans 1:23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
Ps.40:4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie!
Only true God!!!
John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
God's truth revealed in His Son!
John 17:5-8 
5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed. 
6 "I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. 
7 Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you. 
8 For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me.
Believing without seeing!!
John 5:36-37 
36 But the testimony that I have is greater than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to accomplish, the very works that I am doing, bear witness about me that the Father has sent me. 
37 And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen
John 14:10-11 
10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works
11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.
John 20:29 Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
1 Peter 1:8-9 
8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 
9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls
Lord, these words of Yours grip my humbled soul and make me rejoice! I will proclaim You to the nations as the only true and living God!! Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment