Thursday, March 8, 2012

Not What You Do But What Christ Did, The Quest For Salvation

Salvation is not dependant upon what you do but rather what Christ did! You can do nothing to obtain salvation, it is a gift. A gift, in the form of a man who never sinned, who died on the cross because of obedience and necessity to satisfy the law. Obedience from a willing Son to His holy righteous Father God, and necessity because Christ was the only acceptable sacrifice! His grace and mercy is undeserved by any human! We are to share the gospel with the world and let God change hearts through His word!
Romans 9:16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.
Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
Heb.4:12-13 

12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart
13 And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
John 4:13-14 
13 Jesus said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, 
14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
Gal.1:11-15  
11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel. 
12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ. 
13 For you have heard of my former life in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God violently and tried to destroy it. 
14 And I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people, so extremely zealous was I for the traditions of my fathers. 
15 But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace
Gal.3:1-3 
1 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. 
2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? 
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?
Eph.2:1-10

1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 
2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience-- 
3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. 
4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 
5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved-- 
6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 
7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God
9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
1Tim.12-17

12 I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service, 
13 though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, 
14 and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 
15 The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. 
16 But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life
17 To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
2 Tim.3:13-17
13 while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 
15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 
16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 
17 that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
Heb.10:4-10
4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
5 Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, "Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body have you prepared for me; 
6 in burnt offerings and sin offerings you have taken no pleasure. 
7 Then I said, 'Behold, I have come to do your will, O God, as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.'" 
8 When he said above, "You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings" (these are offered according to the law), 
9 then he added, "Behold, I have come to do your will." He does away with the first in order to establish the second. 
10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Heb.10:11-18
11 And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 
12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 
13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 
14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. 
15 And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying, 
16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds," 
17 then he adds, "I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more." 
18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin. 
Judgement:
Heb.10:26-27 
26 For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 
27 but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries
Lord, I pray for Your people to know the gospel truth, to teach the gospel truth and by Your power reproof those who would pervert the gospel. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment