Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Power of Self Deception

Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall. - 1 Corinthians 10:12

Man's thought on sin:
This is man's thinking about his own sin, my sin is small and yours is great.
We judge without the slightest hint of shame!

Man's take charge attitude:
We think we take charge and get it done.
When failure comes, we can't understand why because we forget God is working things out for His purpose!!
God is indeed in charge!!


God's forgives, restores, and reconciles man:
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things were created through him and for him.
17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent.
19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,
20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross. - Colossians 1:15-20

8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
9 Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.
10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. - 1 Peter 5:8-10

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. - 1 John 1:9-10

Supreme God:
4 For the sake of my servant Jacob, and Israel my chosen, I call you by your name, I name you, though you do not know me. 
5 I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me, 
6 that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other. 
7 I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things.  - Isaiah 45:4-7

Jesus, the only Savior:
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." - Acts 4:12

God wants man to repent:
3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,
4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. - 1 Timothy 2:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment