Friday, September 11, 2015

Weight of the World on Your Shoulders


Hear the words of the Lord!!!

Sovereign God:
7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.
8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.
9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. - 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  - Isaiah 41:10

For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you."  - Isaiah 41:13


Is it just in our genetic makeup to think we are in control?
Are we so deceived by sin that we fool ourselves into this belief ?
God did indeed give us the ability to think and make decisions but does that mean we are in control?
We have indeed been given free will and are accountable for all that goes along with it, good and bad!!
God's design for man was for him to be in an intimate relationship with Him. 
We make decisions as we humbly seek counsel from His word and are mindful of the ramifications of our actions. 

Worry:
And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? - Matthew 6:27

Wisdom:
So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.  - Psalm 90:12

God alone sustains man:
13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"-
14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.
15 Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."
16 As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
17 So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin. - James 4:13-17

No comments:

Post a Comment