Saturday, May 21, 2016

Wholly God-Wholly Man



Definition of wholly:
Entirely, fully, completely, utterly, perfectly, in every respect 


He is faithful!!
23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it. - 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

We are wicked!
1 I was ready to be sought by those who did not ask for me; I was ready to be found by those who did not seek me. I said, "Here I am, here I am," to a nation that was not called by my name. 
2 I spread out my hands all the day to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, following their own devices;  - Isaiah 65:1-2

Sin!
7 What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, "You shall not covet."
8 But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead.
9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.
10 The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me.
11 For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me.
12 So the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.
13 Did that which is good, then, bring death to me? By no means! It was sin, producing death in me through what is good, in order that sin might be shown to be sin, and through the commandment might become sinful beyond measure.
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin.
15 For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.
16 Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good.
17 So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.
18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.
19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.
20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.
21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.
22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being,
23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin. - Romans 7:7-25


Your conviction!
12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
13 And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account. - Hebrews 4:12-13

His salvation!
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." - Acts 4:12

He knows you!!
1 O LORD, you have searched me and known me! 
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. 
3 You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. 
4 Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether. 
5 You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. 
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. 
7 Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? 
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! 
9 If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, 
10 even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. 
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night," 
12 even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. 
13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. 
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. 
15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. 
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. 
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! 
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you. 
19 Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God! O men of blood, depart from me! 
20 They speak against you with malicious intent; your enemies take your name in vain. 
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD? And do I not loathe those who rise up against you? 
22 I hate them with complete hatred; I count them my enemies. 
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! 
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!  - Psalms 139


He is wholly God and wholly man!
Born of a virgin, a miracle in its self, His father is God Almighty, another miracle!!
He is Christ the Lord!
He is part of the Holy Trinity, Father-Son-Holy Spirit!
Look around. 
Those of you who choose to worship a false god, where do you think everything you see came from?
There is a Creator!
He spoke things into existence! 
There is nothing more I can say if you can't except God as Almighty, Creator, and Father.
You are lost! 
You have no hope!
You are forever separated from God!
Doomed to hell!
But, let me give you hope!
As long as you have breath, there is a chance.
Your chances lie in an ancient book called the Bible.
It is the inspired word of God!
It will convict you!
It will convert you!
You will become a new creation in Christ!
His word will give you hope in Christ, for salvation, for there is no other name that gives this gift!!

No comments:

Post a Comment