Saturday, July 9, 2016

The Chance To Repent


This week much evil was done.
Many lives were taken by a single man who set himself up as judge.
While the lives of us all are filled with sin, God in His mercy, has given man a chance to repent.
We only have this second, the next may be taken and you will forever lose your chance to repent.
Sin separates you from a Holy God!
If you die in your sin, you go to Hell.
There is no way to be forgiven other than through the blood of Christ!
There are many false teachings on this matter!

"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." - Matthew 3:2

the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned."  - Matthew 4:16

John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. - Mark 1:4

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. - Romans 3:23-25

2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. - 1 John 2:2-3

10 Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
11 "I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. - Matthew 3:10-11

yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified. - Galatians 2:16

19 For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God.
20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose. - Galatians 2:19-21

Bear fruit in keeping with repentance. - Matthew 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment