Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Those Precious Wounds


Zechariah 13:6 
6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

24 Now Thomas, one of the twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came.
25 So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them, "Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe."
26 Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you."
27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe."
28 Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!"
29 Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." - John 20:24-29

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life-
2 the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us-
3 that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. - 1 John 1:1-3

Have you ever stopped to think about these wounds Christ took on your behalf?
He was innocent, yet mistreated due to our sin.
Why?
God's wrath demanded to be satisfied!
With that wrath satisfied, belief in Christ and His ability to save souls from Hell was established!
This way alone is your way to be forgiven. 
There are no amounts of goodness through works that will satisfy.
Do not empty the cross of saving grace!!
Your eternity depends upon it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment