Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Searching the Deceitful Heart


7 "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. 
8 He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit." 
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? 
10 "I the LORD search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds."  - Jeremiah 17:7-10

And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. - Romans 8:27

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart." - 1 Samuel 16:7

Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!  - Psalm 139:23

But, O LORD of hosts, who judges righteously, who tests the heart and the mind, let me see your vengeance upon them, for to you have I committed my cause.  - Jeremiah 11:20

great in counsel and mighty in deed, whose eyes are open to all the ways of the children of man, rewarding each one according to his ways and according to the fruit of his deeds. - Jeremiah 32:19

For according to the work of a man he will repay him, and according to his ways he will make it befall him.  - Job 34:11

and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love. For you will render to a man according to his work.  - Psalm 62:12

No comments:

Post a Comment