Tuesday, February 4, 2020

I Have Raised You Up


But for this purpose I have raised you up, to show you my power, so that my name may be proclaimed in all the earth. - Exodus 9:16

14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means!
15 For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."
16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.
17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."
18 So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.
19 You will say to me then, "Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?" - Romans 9:14-19

The LORD has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.  - Proverbs 16:4

that they may know that you alone, whose name is the LORD, are the Most High over all the earth.  - Psalm 83:18

11 Then he remembered the days of old, of Moses and his people. Where is he who brought them up out of the sea with the shepherds of his flock? Where is he who put in the midst of them his Holy Spirit, 
12 who caused his glorious arm to go at the right hand of Moses, who divided the waters before them to make for himself an everlasting name,  - Isaiah 63:11-12

1 The LORD reigns, let the earth rejoice; let the many coastlands be glad! 
2 Clouds and thick darkness are all around him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne. 
3 Fire goes before him and burns up his adversaries all around. 
4 His lightnings light up the world; the earth sees and trembles. 
5 The mountains melt like wax before the LORD, before the Lord of all the earth. 
6 The heavens proclaim his righteousness, and all the peoples see his glory. 
7 All worshipers of images are put to shame, who make their boast in worthless idols; worship him, all you gods! 
8 Zion hears and is glad, and the daughters of Judah rejoice, because of your judgments, O LORD. 
9 For you, O LORD, are most high over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods.  - Psalm 97:1-9

For you, O LORD, are most high over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods.  - Psalm 97:9

No comments:

Post a Comment