Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Do You Want a Stronger Marriage?



BIBLE MEDITATION

“Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”

(Ecclesiastes 4:12)

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT

I told Joyce the other day as we were getting dressed, “You know, the great miracle is not love at first sight; it’s love after a long, long look. It’s a miracle you can continue to love.” I’ve had a good look, and I love her with all of my heart.

But Joyce knows she’s not first in my life. She knows God is. She doesn’t mind being second. She knows I can love her more by putting her second than I ever could by putting her first. And I know I’m not first in Joyce’s life. I’m second. I don’t mind, because she loves me with a love that she could not love me with had she not fortified her faith in the Lord,

Joyce and I were at the Billy Graham Conference Center called “The Cove,” a beautiful place, and I was preaching on the home. Afterward, in a Q and A session, a little lady got up. She said one of the wisest things I’ve ever heard: “Ladies, I want you to remember, you may marry a shining knight on a white horse, but somebody’s got to clean up after the horse. And enjoy doing it.” I thought, now that’s a wise woman. You may have married a shining knight, but I’ll tell you, he’s riding a horse that’s going to leave some mess around.

ACTION POINT

The Bible says, “A three-fold cord is not easily broken.” What is that three-fold cord? A man, a woman, and God Himself. Marriage is much stronger when you both love the Lord first. If you want a strong, unbreakable marriage, trust in Christ. Make Him Lord of your life and Lord of your home.


LWF Dr. Adrian Rogers 

No comments:

Post a Comment