Monday, January 25, 2021

More Aware of Your Presence Lord


Lift up your heads.

Listen to His words.

Weigh the implications of denying Him.

Recently an important public figure died.

The world made much of him.

His accolades were shouted with marvel as to what he brought to the world.

But one statement he made stuck with me and has haunted me.

His statement "When I die, the first question I'm will ask God is. Did you really have a son?" 

The lostness of this thinking brings me such sorrow.

He lived 80 something years and he was still denying God and His Son.

He was very public about it too.

These verses came to my mind in my grief of a soul more than likely going to spend eternity in Hell forever separated from God and His glory.


And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.' - Matthew 7:23


but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven. - Matthew 10:33


36 For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?

37 For what can a man give in return for his soul?

38 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels." - Mark 8:36-38


There is mercy and forgiveness in Christ alone.

Are you denying Him before man?

Fall before His throne of grace.

Be at peace in the gift of His accepted substitutionary death and the eternal life given through His resurrection.

Hallelujah and Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment