Sunday, June 27, 2010

Be Still and Know That I Am God

Ps.46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Ps.46: 10-11 "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Can we fully understand the meaning of these words? I don't believe we will until we see Him face to face.
Ps.135:5-7 For I know that the LORD is great, and that our Lord is above all gods.Whatever the LORD pleases, he does, in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all deeps. He it is who makes the clouds rise at the end of the earth, who makes lightnings for the rain and brings forth the wind from his storehouses.
Job 38:4-11"Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.
Who determined its measurements—surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy? "Or who shut in the sea with doors when it burst out from the womb, when I made clouds its garment and thick darkness its swaddling band, and prescribed limits for it and set bars and doors,
and said, 'Thus far shall you come, and no farther, and here shall your proud waves be stayed'?
Job 38:19-21 "Where is the way to the dwelling of light, and where is the place of darkness,
that you may take it to its territory and that you may discern the paths to its home? You know, for you were born then, and the number of your days is great!
O my Lord, I am speechless at Your word. We have no idea who You really are, do we? Have mercy on us. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment