Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Seeking God's Will

Micah 7:7
But as for me, I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.
As I was reading my bible study, I saw this verse and it must have been written for me! I am looking to the Lord, I am waiting for His return and I know He hears my every prayer. In this day and time, it is easy to attack people from behind a generic name such as you use to sign into web domains such as Facebook, Al.com, Twitter, etc. I was reading an article about my pastor and my church on Al.com. There were people who were attacking my pastor and my church because we are doing some radical things. These radical things are cutting budgets and wasteful things in our lives to provide care for women and children in India and sending people to mission in the inner city where crime is out of control. Far too long have we turned our back on the inner city. We can't build enough jails to hold all of the lost souls who are raising hell as they follow the devil. There have been numerous families who have sold their homes and moved to East Lake and Gate City to show and live out the gospel as a witness to what Christ can do if we will commit to His will. I feel sorry for people who feel they are the judge of God's people. The devil is already defeated but he still has followers who will try to attack our mission. As far as my pastor goes, he is an awesome man of God! He is the most humble man you will ever meet. He preaches God's word and will never make excuses for what it says because he knows it is the truth. If selling your house to move to a smaller one to give more money to help people is a problem to you, then I say too bad. We answer to a holy God and He will judge us, not the lost and misguided. I wondered why God was leading me to these verses in 1Peter because it is not my bible study. He knew my pastor would be attacked and He gave us this encouragement.
1 Peter 4:12-19 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name. For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? And "If the righteous is scarcely saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?" Therefore let those who suffer according to God’s will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.
Father, we do understand the cost of following You. We are weak and need Your strong arm of faith and Your powerful word. We know that it may cost us everything. Help us to follow you. Turn our eyes from worthless things and our heart to You. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous16 June, 2010

    Mom, wise wise words on this entry!

    ReplyDelete