Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christ Follower, Expect To Be Hated By the World

Lord, forgive me, a sinner. Expose my sin so I can repent. Open Your word to my heart and bury it deep inside me. Thank You for Your mercy. Amen
Not too long ago I told some people that God's word says, "marriage is between a man and a woman" and I was called narrow minded. We were in a discussion about gay rights and about how they want the right to marry. I am glad that I spoke God's word and pray He will work on their hearts so that they will repent of sin. We all sin but there is a big difference in willfully staying in sin. I was blessed by hearing Kay Arthur speak on the book of Matthew last night at a womens' conference. This was one of the things she reminded us of in God's word. We will be hated by the world for standing on God's word.
Matt. 19:4-6 He answered, "Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female,  and said, 'Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate."
If we do not speak God's truth, how will others know that they are sinners? We are to love all people and speak the truth and God will change the hearts. Tell your story of how God's word changed you. And if you do not have a story, my prayer is that you will begin to read about God and will come to the realization that you need a savior and that God sent His Son, Jesus so that you will not perish but have everlasting life through Him. 
Acts4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
Lord, today somone is wating to hear Your word. I may not see them but You do. Pour out Your power and touch their hearts today. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment