Wednesday, December 22, 2010

God is Good He is so Good to Me

Ps. 63:1-4 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.
God is so good. God is so good. God is so good, He is good to me. God loves me so. God loves me so. God loves me so, He so good to me!  
Simple words of a sweet children's song but oh so true. No one is good except God. I know some people that are going through some very hard times right now. One set of folks are getting a divorce after many years of marriage, one set may be facing financial ruin and a husband and wife both have cancer. They are teaching me the true meaning of standing on God's word and promises. God is mighty and He has already defeated the devil. God, in His word, never promised you a life filled with only joy. But He did say He would never leave or forsake us and that He is strong for us in our weakness. It is through our trials that we learn to be in a strong relationship with Him. We also can help others as they face the uncertainty of life. In this upcoming year, I invite you to join me as I read through the bible and get to know the Lord more intimately. Each first of the month, I will have the daily bible reading for the month on my blog. It is very manageable and you will be blessed by your new relationship with a holy, merciful God.
Lord, I pray for wisdom from Your word. I pray for you to give us a thirst for Your word that can not be quenched. I pray for lives to be made new through You. I pray for us to spread the gospel to the ends of the earth by Your power and for Your glory. Teach us how to love our brothers. Lord, bless the ones who will read Your word and know the truth. Amen
Mark 10:18 And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.
Heb.13:5-6 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"
2 Cor.12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Ps.119:41-42  Let your steadfast love come to me, O LORD, your salvation according to your promise; then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me, for I trust in your word. 2 Cor.1:3-7 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment