Thursday, December 2, 2010

Do You Know Someone Who Needs Help?

This is the season of giving, why do you think that is? This is a time of celebration of the birth of Christ who laid down His life for us. What is the most heart felt command that God has given?
1 Cor.13:13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
There is a theme through out the bible of love. God meant for us to love one another just as he first loved us, even while we were yet sinners Christ died for us, Romans 5:8.
Ps.10:14 But you do see, for you note mischief and vexation, that you may take it into your hands; to you the helpless commits himself; you have been the helper of the fatherless.
John 15:12-13 "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.
Matt.25:35-40 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?  And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?  And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'
1 Peter 4:8 Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.
Lord, I ask that our eyes be open to the hurting around us. Let us not be blinded by life and not see because we are too busy. Jerk our hearts awake and shake us if we turn away. We are Your servants and we must show Your love to the hurting. I ask in Jesus precious name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment