Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Piercing of My Heart

When I read God's word, my heart is pierced by the truth of His words. I want to be like Him but am not always successful. I identify with Paul when he says, what I don't wish to do, I do and what I wish to do, I don't do.
Romans 7:15-20 ESV For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good.  So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.  For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.
Deut.11:18 ESV You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul
1 Sam.16:7  For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart."
Ps.51:10 ESV Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
Ps.119:37 ESV Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways.
2 Cor.3:3 ESV And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Most high God, we cry out to You for mercy. We have nothing to give, we strive to be obedient but we often fail. We are just plain sinners who need Your forgiveness. Lord, expose our sin. Give us faith to follow You in all things. Create in us a clean heart and a right spirit. Teach us to love the unlovable in Your name even when it seems impossible. Amen 

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Thank you for your nice comments on my blog.
    Kisses, Zondra Art

    ReplyDelete