Saturday, June 4, 2011

In Spirit and Truth

There are many false gods but only one true, living God. He is the creator and he is the judge of all mankind. There will be all kinds of doctrines thrown at you but the one truth that has survived all time is the inspired written word of the living Lord, Father Almighty God, who spoke the world into existence! Let me begin to build a picture of my God for you: Job 23:8-9 "Behold, I go forward, but he is not there, and backward, but I do not perceive him; the left hand when he is working, I do not behold him; he turns to the right hand, but I do not see him.
Job 11:7 Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limit of the Almighty?
Job 37:23 The Almighty--we cannot find him; he is great in power; justice and abundant righteousness he will not violate.
John 1:18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known.
Col.1:15-23 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross. And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.
Ps.139:1-7  O LORD, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? There are no daily rituals to keep! There is only faith in the hope that is Christ! There is only knowing that Christ was sent from God to be a living sacrifice, paid once, for all time to satisfy Holy God for our rebellion. Christ is our salvation, there is no other acceptable way to holy God. Only blood sacrifice is the acceptable atonement for sin. You must repent, that is, turn from sin, and follow Christ. My eyes are open to the truth and there is nothing that can change it. Though the world may fall into the sea, God will still be God and He will never change. He is true from everlasting to everlasting! God is good but He is judge and will judge according to His Word. If you deny Him, the bible is clear on the judgment.Heb.9:22-28 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. Thus it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these rites, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. There are many who claim to know when Christ will return but the bible is clear that no one knows, not Christ, and not even the angels. Mark 13:32 "But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Take care when listening to people speaking on God, go to the Word, it is written by God's authority. We want the truth not people's opinions. Study the word deeply, in prayer, for the truth to be revealed. 2 Tim.3:10-17 You, however, have followed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness, my persecutions and sufferings that happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra--which persecutions I endured; yet from them all the Lord rescued me. Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work. Reproof means the testing of something to expose it's true nature. The bible is our guide to living. We strive to be like Jesus but the transformation will not be complete until we go home.Father, the more I study Your Word, the more I am in awe of You. Your wise judgments are beyond our comprehension. I fear Your wrath and ask for forgiveness for my failures. Thank You for Your mercy towards us. Father, I know You blind eyes and hearts. But I also know from Your Word that You forgive us when we repent. Make us aware of our hopelessness. Guide us to You through Your Word. Teach us discernment so that we may not be led astray by every false word.  Lord, Your word is good and I praise You! AmenJohn 4:24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”Psalm 145:18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.No past sins can bar our acceptance with him, if we humble ourselves before him, believing in him as the Christ, the Saviour of the world. This comment was taken from Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on John chapter 4. This is the chapter about Jesus and the woman at the well. It tells of the hatred of the Samaritans by the Jews. It tells how Jesus used this opportunity to show the hope that is found in Christ is for all people. And, the water of life He offers satisfies for all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment