Monday, June 13, 2011

"My Lord and My God"

John 20:27-31 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe." Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.Oh, what a beautiful site it must have been to see the risen Savior! I know we have no physical sight of His resurrection, but we have all these written accounts by people who witnessed the event. God stirs the heart to receive the hope of Christ and we respond by faith to accept Him or deny Him. When I read these verses, my heart is overjoyed by the gravity of these words! God was faithful, just as He always is, to give us a living sacrifice for our sin. Not one that has to be repeated but one that stands for all time. It was freely given by Jesus, in obedience to His Father, and accepted as the only substitute for the remission of our sin. Heb.10:12-14  But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father." Acts 4:11-12 This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Dear heavenly Father, what a debt we owe, one that can't be paid, a gift freely given by a merciful God and one we don't deserve. Help us to be worthy, to follow You in Your will and to teach the hope that is found in You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment