Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Death of the Innocents

Today a small child drowned in my neighborhood. It happens that quick! A child, the most innocent of all, went into eternity. She was born into a sinful fallen world that all will leave by death unless Christ comes back to take the redeemed home. Please pray for her family as they come to terms with this tragedy. There will be many days of despair and questions. Why would God allow this to happen? Why didn't the parents keep a closer check on her? Why? Why? Why? Do you know that your days here on Earth are numbered?
Ps.139:13-17  For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
God is our creator! He determines our days! He is sovereign God! He has no beginning and no end! He is Lord over all! You know why we should hate sin? It destroys! Sin has determined why the innocent suffers as well as the evil. We all are sinners, yes even the child because we were born into this world.
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—
As members of the human race, God has given us the rain, the sun, the moon, the stars, an abundance of good natural resources, food etc. He did not withhold these gifts, even from the people who deny Him! But He can and will according to His will! He will have mercy and compassion on whom He chooses!
Romans 9:15 For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
Cling to the Lord with all your might, don't let the devil get a foothold on your life!
1 Peter 5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
As a roaring lion - Full of rage. Seeking - With all subtlety likewise. Whom he may devour or swallow up - Both soul and body. (Taken from Wesleys' notes) Did you notice the devour the soul part? Satan wants your soul in Hell for eternity!
James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
This comment was taken from Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary: All sin must be wept over; here, in godly sorrow, or, hereafter, in eternal misery. And the Lord will not refuse to comfort one who really mourns for sin, or to exalt one who humbles himself before him.
Lord, there are many who suffer, some face life with You and some without! All will suffer at some point in life. Lord, I pray for the ones who are seperated from You. By your power, help us to reach and teach them. Quicken their heart to the glory that is found in You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment