Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Under the Guilt of Sin

Grace frees us from the guilt of sin! It is free to all who will have faith in Christ! However, it was not free for Christ, it cost Him His life. On a cross, like a criminal guilty of some heinous crime, He gave His life willingly so that grace and mercy would flow like His precious blood flowed because He took the wrath due us! He who knew no sin became a sinner! You must confess your sin before a holy God to be pardoned. There is no way to be reconciled to God other than through Jesus atoning blood! He imparts His righteousness to us when we through faith believe Him for salvation!
Romans 3:10-12 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one."
Romans 3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."
Romans 3:22-26 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,  and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,  whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
The whole World is guilty, none are excluded! Some of us have put our faith in Christ and believe in Him for our salvation. His Word is precious to us and we meditate on it night and day. My memory is not what it used to be, I can't retain all that I need too. To be able to quote the bible verses I need to is not all ways available to me, but I can look them up!! God knows my heart, that is what matters!! I am not always the person I should be, I get mad, I act ugly, I bawl out other drivers, I am still human! And that said, I know you all will identify! That is why I know I need Christ! If I were judged by my works and actions, they would not be acceptable before God. I need a Savior who is righteous and sinless to cover my human sinful ways. Be humble before the Lord, you are dependant on His Grace!!
2 Chr.7:14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
Lord God, forgive us as we often fail You. Let us be mindful of the gift of Your Grace. Let us forever be humble for You alone are worthy of our praise. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment