Thursday, August 18, 2011

Through the Encouragement of the Scriptures We Might have Hope

Romans 15:4 For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
Jew and Gentile hope in the Lord Jesus!
Romans 15:8-9 For I tell you that Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God's truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs, and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written, "Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles, and sing to your name."
Romans 15:12-13 And again Isaiah says, "The root of Jesse will come, even he who arises to rule the Gentiles; in him will the Gentiles hope." May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
The believer's mission!
Romans 15:21 but as it is written, "Those who have never been told of him will see, and those who have never heard will understand."
God's word!
Heb.4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Scripture is breathed out by God and can not be broken!
John 10:35 If he called them gods to whom the word of God came--and Scripture cannot be broken--
2 Tim.3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness
Read and believe!
John 5:37-47 And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen, and you do not have his word abiding in you, for you do not believe the one whom he has sent. You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. I do not receive glory from people. But I know that you do not have the love of God within you. I have come in my Father's name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him. How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God? Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope. For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?"
Lord, Your Word is good! Have mercy on heard hearts so they may hear and believe! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment