Sunday, August 7, 2011

This Body of Death

Romans 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Do you ever think about the bodies connection between death and life? At birth, we occupy the body which the Lord has given us for our brief time here. At death, we(the soul) departs the body the Lord has given us and go into eternity. I am speaking of the eternal soul which was designed by God for everlasting life! In the original Greek, the word is yuxhn which translated means psyche, which means breath of life (the vital force which animates the body and shows itself in breathing) or an essence which differs from the body and is not dissolved by death. This is amazing to me, that the Creator of the universe meant for us to be with Him for eternity.
Matt.10:28  And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
There is a war going on between our spiritual mind and our body of flesh.
Romans 7:14-25 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
Satan is defeated and Christ is King!! 
John 12:31-33 Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out. And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself." He said this to show by what kind of death he was going to die.
John 14:30-31  30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me, 31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.Stand firm in your faith! John 16:11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judgedCol.2:8-15  See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him. Jesus is the victor!!Matt.28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Rev.1:17-18 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. Father, You do have the breath of life! People will try and deny You but they will be without proof or excuse. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment