Friday, October 14, 2011

The Persecuted Christian

Do you know a persecuted Christian? Do we even give a thought to their plight? We are here in America with such freedom, we can not understand what religious persecution even means! This week I had the privilege of meeting a sweet young woman who told me of her religious persecution growing up as a Christian in a Muslim nation. She was slapped at school by her teachers, the other children were forbidden to play with her and she was repeatedly told she was going to hell. Her reaction was, that's ok, I'd rather have Jesus! She spent a lot of time playing alone and reading the bible. But, praise God, her family did not push her away. God's Word is very plain, we will be persecuted for our faith in Christ. I have had a slight taste of this treatment when I told the truth of God's Word about marriage being between a man and a woman. I was called un-christian for repeating God's Word exactly. I told them, good if they hated me for speaking the truth of God's Word, then I knew I had done the right thing! There are vast differences between America and other countries in our tolerance of all religions even though we feel all other religions are false. There is only one true and living God, I Am! We will tell you of the hope we have found in Christ but it is up to God to open your heart.
Matt.5:10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matt.5:11-12 Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
John 15:18-20 If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.
2 Tim.3:12 Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted
1 Peter 4:12-14,16  Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.
Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.
Lord, I am praying today for the persecuted church. I am asking for Your wisdom and protection of the ones who go in harms way to spread Your truth. I am asking for hearts to hear and know the truth. Lord, give us the nations! Lord, I ask for the one who is in turmoil over the truth of who You are and are tied in ignorance to a false religion through their culture and family ties. Only You Lord can change the eternity of the lost. There is someone that is waiting to hear You today. In Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment