Monday, December 19, 2011

Bitterness of Heart

Heb.12:15 See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no "root of bitterness" springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled
Lord, convict us all of this sin! Help us turn to You for forgiveness and healing. Amen
The fruits of bitterness are anger, wrath, slander, hate, and malice (or desire to see another suffer).
It is easy to have hurt feelings if you have a tender heart. Don't nurture this feeling of hurt or anger, pray about it and search the word. Christ showed us how to love when He gave Himself as a living sacrifice. There was no bitterness in Him as He hung on the cross. Even though He knew He had committed nothing to warrant this wrath from the Father. I am a really a sensitive person. I am quick to anger and have a sharp tongue, it is a daily battle for me to control. In my reading and study of God's word, I see over and over how He wants us to have self control. I know that above all things, God wants us to love and care for people. There are so many people who feel alone and just need to hear" I care about you". I have seen the effect a hug can have on people, it is pretty amazing!
Ps.139:23-24 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Ps.51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment