Saturday, May 26, 2012

I And The Father Are One

John 10:30 I and the Father are one." 
Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one
John 10:29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand
John 10:36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?
John 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
Matthew 11:27 "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

As Christians we do believe that Christ is the Son of God and the son of man. This is the divine plan of Father God. God sent Christ. 
John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

God has granted authority over man to Christ. 
John 3:35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands
John 17:2 since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him.

Christ is mediator between man and God.
1Tim.2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

Christ had the authority to lay down His life and take it up again. 
John 10:17-18 
17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. 
18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father."

Christ has intimate knowledge of the Father. 
Eph.1:17-23 
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, 
18 having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 
19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might 
20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, 
21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 
22 And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, 
23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.

Gracious Lord, as I bow before you today, teach me! I know without a shadow of doubt that Christ is my salvation. His life, freely given as payment and received, on Your altar as the only acceptable sacrifice for repentant sinners for eternity. I am saved, by His grace, alone! Let me teach the truth of the hope that is found in Christ and let the lost respond. Lord, let my last breath sing Your praises! In Jesus precious name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment