Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Temporary Separation of the Soul from the Body

John 11:4 But when Jesus heard it he said, "This illness does not lead to death. It is for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it." 
John 11:11 After saying these things, he said to them, "Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but I go to awaken him." 
John 11:14-15
14 Then Jesus told them plainly, "Lazarus has died, 
15 and for your sake I am glad that I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him." 
John 11:25-26
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 
26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?" 

Oh what peace and joy these words hold for those who have been saved by grace through Christ! We will die, but we have the promise from God that those of us who trust Christ for salvation will be raised to everlasting life!


No comments:

Post a Comment