Tuesday, May 8, 2012

There Was No Voice And No One Answered

1 Kings 18:26 And they took the bull that was given them, and they prepared it and called upon the name of Baal from morning until noon, saying, "O Baal, answer us!" But there was no voice, and no one answered. And they limped around the altar that they had made.


All who serve false gods, receive no answer! They have no voice! They have no power!

1 Kings 18:27-29 
27 And at noon Elijah mocked them, saying, "Cry aloud, for he is a god. Either he is musing, or he is relieving himself, or he is on a journey, or perhaps he is asleep and must be awakened." 
28 And they cried aloud and cut themselves after their custom with swords and lances, until the blood gushed out upon them. 
29 And as midday passed, they raved on until the time of the offering of the oblation, but there was no voice. No one answered; no one paid attention.


There is one true living God!

1 Kings 18:36-39 
36 And at the time of the offering of the oblation, Elijah the prophet came near and said, "O LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, let it be known this day that you are God in Israel, and that I am your servant, and that I have done all these things at your word. 
37 Answer me, O LORD, answer me, that this people may know that you, O LORD, are God, and that you have turned their hearts back." 
38 Then the fire of the LORD fell and consumed the burnt offering and the wood and the stones and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. 
39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces and said, "The LORD, he is God; the LORD, he is God."


The spirit testifies....


John 1:29-34


29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 
30 This is he of whom I said, 'After me comes a man who ranks before me, because he was before me.' 
31 I myself did not know him, but for this purpose I came baptizing with water, that he might be revealed to Israel." 
32 And John bore witness: "I saw the Spirit descend from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him. 
33 I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, 'He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.' 
34 And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God."

Romans 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God

God's voice through His Son....

Hebrews 10:12-18 

12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 
13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 
14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified
15 And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying, 
16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds," 
17 then he adds, "I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more." 
18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

Lord, we praise You for You alone are worthy! Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment