Sunday, September 10, 2017

El Shaddai


El means mighty and powerful 
Shaddai means nourished and satisfied

God is all sufficient, truly satisfying and our only means of truly being spiritually nourished.

1 Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you.
2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." 
4 So Abram went, as the LORD had told him, and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran. - Genesis 12:1-4

1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless,
2 that I may make my covenant between me and you, and may multiply you greatly."
3 Then Abram fell on his face. And God said to him,
4 "Behold, my covenant is with you, and you shall be the father of a multitude of nations.
5 No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham, for I have made you the father of a multitude of nations.
6 I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make you into nations, and kings shall come from you.
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your offspring after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring after you. - Genesis 17:1-7

God does things in His own timing.
God is faithful, so you be humble and wait.

Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures throughout all generations. [The LORD is faithful in all his words and kind in all his works.]  - Psalm 145:13

For 24 years Abraham waited.

God knows your every need.

What does El Shaddai mean to me?
God is caretaker... we can trust Him.
As children of God, He will take care of you.

The LORD said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife shall have a son." And Sarah was listening at the tent door behind him. - Genesis 18:10

God is Omnipotent!
Omni means all, ever, the whole
Potent means powerful, strong, mighty
He spoke the world into existence!

'Ah, Lord GOD! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you. - Jeremiah 32:17

Rely on God alone for He is sufficient!

God is comforter. We should worship Him.

God answers!

13 For when God made a promise to Abraham, since he had no one greater by whom to swear, he swore by himself,
14 saying, "Surely I will bless you and multiply you."
15 And thus Abraham, having patiently waited, obtained the promise. - Hebrews 6:13-15

1 The LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did to Sarah as he had promised.
2 And Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age at the time of which God had spoken to him. - Genesis 21:1-2

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.  - Psalm 91:1

You can't do it!
God alone is all-sufficient!
You must be close to God, be in the word, be obedient, and be sharing the gospel.
Come to God!





No comments:

Post a Comment