Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Our Amen To God For His Glory

20 For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory.
21 And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us,
22 and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. - 2 Corinthians 1:20-22

8 For I tell you that Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God's truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs,
9 and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written, "Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles, and sing to your name." 
10 And again it is said, "Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people." 
11 And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles, and let all the peoples extol him." 
12 And again Isaiah says, "The root of Jesse will come, even he who arises to rule the Gentiles; in him will the Gentiles hope." 
13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. - Romans 15:8-13

"And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: 'The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation. - Revelation 3:14

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things were created through him and for him.
17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent.
19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,
20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross. - Colossians 1:15-20

14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays but my mind is unfruitful.
15 What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also.
16 Otherwise, if you give thanks with your spirit, how can anyone in the position of an outsider say "Amen" to your thanksgiving when he does not know what you are saying?
17 For you may be giving thanks well enough, but the other person is not being built up. - 1 Corinthians 14:14-17

22 "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of old. 
23 Ages ago I was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth. 
24 When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water.  - Proverbs 8:22-24

1 When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you,
2 since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him.
3 And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do.
5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed. - John 17:1-5

Christ is a servant and a King.
God establishes you when you become Christ's. 
We give God the glory for Christ. 
Christ is the firstborn of creation, given a purpose by God before time began.
By Christ alone we can be reconciled to God.
There is a judgment coming.
There will be an eternal resting place for you.
There are two places, heaven or hell. 
They are a real places. 
Hell, a place of torment and separation or heaven, a place of worship, hope and joy.
You must be obedient and turn from your sin recognizing that Christ death and resurrection hold the power for your salvation.
There is salvation in no one else!







No comments:

Post a Comment