Tuesday, August 28, 2018

A Little Love Respect and Kindness


I recently heard these words from a very wise, down on his luck black man "sometimes you just gotta love the Hell out of em".
He was referring to the people who we often think of as a lost cause.
You know, the people we avert our eyes from as they pass by.
This man had a book written about him.
It's called, "Same Kind Of Different As Me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore.
The book is about unconditional love between a wealthy white couple and a black homeless man.
It's also about how God prepares the way for His divine purpose through the hearts of those who trust in Him.

God is very specific in His commands to share your love with the downtrodden.

And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.' - Matthew 25:40

 Love is:

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. - 1 Corinthians 13:4-10

The background to the above verse and the implications of not being obedient.

31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.
32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left.
34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'
37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?
38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?
39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' - Matthew 25:31-39

Lack of love for those less fortunate, including those in prison, the homeless, those in the prison of addiction and mental illness.
These are sinful attitudes that will have dire consequences.

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'
44 Then they also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?'
45 Then he will answer them, saying, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.'
46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." - Matthew 25:41-46

Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. - 1 Peter 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment