Sunday, July 4, 2010

Loss of a Loved One

July the 4th, a time of celebration, a time for remembrance, the time I think about my daddy the most because it was his birthday and he died in March of 1998. How did time get away so fast? It seems like yesterday when he died. I was always daddy's little girl! I have three brothers and I was the only girl, spoiled rotten, that's no lie! I had really great parents, they were so good to us. I saw a radical change in my dad in the last ten years of his life. He found the Lord and was totally changed, nothing like the dad I grew up having. My dad could cuss the horns off a billy goat! He could hold a lot of beer too! He wouldn't mind me telling it because he knew what it was to be a sinner and be saved by grace. I had often prayed for my dad to be changed but the Lord's does things in His own time and way. When my young daughters began asking about their Papa and if he knew Jesus, I told them to pray and ask God about Papa. Once they started praying, it was not long before my dad was changed. I am so thankful to have know him as a God fearing man. It brought such joy to my heart to see him with his bible and to hear him quote scripture. I think my dad was a miracle because not many men in their sixties or seventies come to repentance and know the Lord.
Luke 15:10 Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

No comments:

Post a Comment