Tuesday, July 27, 2010

If Only

Ps.19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.
If only I would not sin! Oh Lord, how it grieves my heart when I do. How long will You show us mercy? Are we not a stiff necked people who turn from You to follow our own selfish way? Lord, how can it be? You are worthy of all our praise. Lord, I pray for our nation who is playing the harlot with other gods. We have shut You out and let them in. Lord, heal our land and forgive us before You unleash disaster on us. Help us O Lord, for we are lost without You. Amen
Ps.19:7-11 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure,
making wise the simple; the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.
This is what I fear for our nation if we do not repent!
Ez.7:5-9 "Thus says the Lord GOD: Disaster after disaster! Behold, it comes. An end has come; the end has come; it has awakened against you. Behold, it comes.Your doom has come to you, O inhabitant of the land The time has come; the day is near, a day of tumult, and not of joyful shouting on the mountains. Now I will soon pour out my wrath upon you, and spend my anger against you, and judge you according to your ways, and I will punish you for all your abominations. And my eye will not spare, nor will I have pity. I will punish you according to your ways, while your abominations are in your midst. Then you will know that I am the LORD, who strikes.
It is not too late! Repent and God will forgive! If the angels are joyous over one sinner who repents, what would the joy in heaven be if a whole nation repented?
Luke 15:10 Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents."
Lord, give us strength, humility, and faith.
1 Peter 5:6-10  Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.  Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.


No comments:

Post a Comment