Thursday, July 8, 2010

Repentance/Jerusalem/America

Jeremiah the prophet speaking to the people of Jerusalem. He grieves for his people!
Jeremiah 5:3 O LORD, do not your eyes look for truth? You have struck them down, but they felt no anguish; you have consumed them, but they refused to take correction.They have made their faces harder than rock; they have refused to repent. Jeremiah 5:21-22 "Hear this, O foolish and senseless people,
who have eyes, but see not, who have ears, but hear not. Do you not fear me? declares the LORD.
Do you not tremble before me? Jeremiah 5:23-24  But this people has a stubborn and rebellious heart;
they have turned aside and gone away. They do not say in their hearts, 'Let us fear the LORD our God,
who gives the rain in its season, the autumn rain and the spring rain, and keeps for us the weeks appointed for the harvest.' Jeremiah 8:18 My joy is gone; grief is upon me; my heart is sick within me.
O Lord, I fear we have gone the way of Jerusalem. Forgive us for we are a stiff-necked people. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment