Friday, July 2, 2010

God's Will for Missions/Our Mindset for Missions

Romans 8: 35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
I know that a lot of folks can't understand the radical idea of moving to the inner city to live in high crime areas to serve the Lord. It really is no different than going on a foreign mission field where danger sometimes abounds. The need is great for God's love to be shown to those who have no hope. For years the crime in the inner city has been left unchecked and is causing havoc among the people who live there. We have tried, on our own without God, to address the problem with no success. When is this world going to figure out that they can't exist in peace without holy God? Lord, I call on You as Creator and King, to show Your wisdom to the world. Let us fall on our knees to You in fear and adoration so that You will heal our land you have entrusted to us. Lord, I ask for Your faith to fall on people who don't understand Your radical way. Amen
Jn. 15:12-17  "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you.  No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. These things I command you, so that you will love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment