Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Four Gospels/ A Complete Testimony About Jesus

Why four Gospels? Lets explore that question! Each Gospel was intended to enlighten different audiences. The Gospels were written by different authors, inspired by the Holy Spirit. They all have a unique message, presented from a different perspective. Each one is suited to the intended audience. They have powerful answers to questions about who Jesus is! Taken together, the Gospels form a complete testimony about Jesus. I would like to thank John MacArthur for his wonderful teaching. His books are valuable teaching tools for diving deeper into God's Word.
The Gospel of Matthew was written for the Jews. It states the truth of Jesus being the Messiah/King who fulfils Old Testament prophecy and expectations. Matt.1:1 The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. Matt.16:16 Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Matt.20:28 even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
The Gospel of Mark was written for the Romans/Gentiles. It states that Jesus is the Son of God. Mark demonstrates the humanity of Jesus and His servant heart. Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Mark 8:27 And Jesus went on with his disciples to the villages of Caesarea Philippi. And on the way he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that I am?" Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."  Mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
The Gospel of Luke was written for the Hellenists. It's truth states that Jesus is the perfect Son of Man who came to save and minister to all people through the power of the Holy Spirit and prayer. Luke 19:10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost."
The Gospel of John was written for the Greeks. It's truth states that Jesus is the fully divine Son of God in whom we should believe to receive eternal life, the I Am of God! John 20:31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
I Am: John 6:35 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.
John 8:12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 10:7 So Jesus again said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
John 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.
John 10:11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
John 10:14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me
John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 15:1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.
John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
Lord God, only You can change a heart. I pray for repentance to come to the lost through the teaching of Your precious Word. I am unworthy Lord to carry Your message, but by Your power and through Your forgiveness I am able. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment